Please rate this item if you buy it, this will vastly help me out by getting seen more, and will help fund more cool items like this one!
Precision and perfection. It's what the Katana demands. Satisfying to swing, perfect for VR.
Push it out, grab the handle and unsheathe it. Feels as cool as it looks.
7 different blade particle effects, activated by swinging the katana, full with sound effects and everything.
Blood on hit toggle (yourself or other people), the katana will drip blood after a hit for a little bit, or you can wipe it clean with a fast swing.
Big flashy ninja-like effects, can be combined in various ways.
The Katana will automatically react with a parry effect when colliding with other people using the same asset, you can also create a parry effect by doing a rocker gesture with the hand that is currently not holding the katana.
Model is switchable for anything you have. The purchase comes with a video guide explaining the process
- You get the full working Katana prefab made to fit any VRChat avatar, scaleable and moveable.
- Easy to understand installation guide made for beginners with minimal unity knowledge.
- Swing detection causes cool effects when simply swing the katana.
- 7 Elemental particle effects with sounds that you can toggle on and off.
- 10k Tris for the katana 3D model
- 2 different types of slicing effects.
- Blood on hit, slice yourself or other people and watch the blood drip off the blade, swing again to wipe it off.
- Left and right handed, equippable on 2 parts of your body of your choice. It can also be held in reverse grip.
- Entirely gesture controlled and swing controlled with just a few menu toggles.
- Everything has sound effects.
- Extra guide that shows how to switch the 3D model out for something custom.
- Uses 30 synced memory (3 ints, 6 bools).
- 52 materials (mostly particle systems pushing the count up).
- Fully network synced.
- You get the Substance Painter files for enhanced customization.
- FBX files included.
- Note: This assets animations uses WRITE DEFAULT on OR off, depending on what you need. the unity package includes two different FX layers you can choose to merge, you will only need to merge the one that fits your avatar (mixing write defaults can make gestures act weird)
(The FX layers are identical otherwise, it's just some check boxes that are ticked on or off, which you can also manually change yourself).
Comes included with 3 different textures to choose from
Additionally, a folder of all kinds of particle effect prefabs are included for you to use on your own stuff (these particles are commercially available on their own, while the katana prefab is not).
- This item is NOT QUEST COMPATIBLE, you should not buy this if you do not have a pc.
- By purchasing this product you agree to NOT share the files with anyone who has not also purchased the product.
- You are allowed to commission/take commissions for putting the asset on an avatar.
- You are allowed to make public avatars with the asset, but not directly share the files.
- I am not responsible for you breaking your avatar if you import the asset wrong, it is advised you take a backup of your avatar before attempting to install it.
- This asset is for PERSONAL USE ONLY. you cannot use it commercially.
- If you do wish to use it for a commercial avatar you are allowed to set it up and export without the prefab (menus are fine), then let people know where to buy the asset. You are under no circumstances allowed to include the files for the asset in your own export. Your store page must be pretty clear about that to avoid confusion as well.
- Anything in the particle prefab folder IS COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE, (not the katana prefab, just the particles)
3D model of katana at: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/tetsunami-katana-b36400093ada4a3fa80f43bd48b1b72f (CC Attribution license)
Be Curious texture by Maximillian#0001
Cyber texture by Kyrani#2417
World constraint prefab by vrlabs: https://vrlabs.dev/item/world-constraint
(avatar in the promotional material is Hyenid by Alber, with Kimono clothing by Myriadd)
Buying this asset gets you: