Please rate this item if you buy it, this will vastly help me out by getting seen more, and will help fund more cool items like this one!
Elegenant, flashy and stabby stabby.
The Balisong, most commonly known as the Butterfly Knife is the ultimate fidget toy with a little edge.
Designed to fit any VRChat avatar of any size, flip it around in cool ways that will always leave you satisfied, modelled and animated with real Balisongs as reference to make it as realistic as possible.
With around 60 different animations custom made.
The Butterfly knife feels responsive and fun to use.
The more you act with the knife, the smoother and more realistic it feels, and you can even cosplay your favorite counter strike animations.
Full custom menu.
Switch between 3 different movesets that all change how the knife acts, change texture, drop it or even add a trail to the blade.
Optimized knife model.
- You get the full working Butterfly Knife made to fit any VRChat avatar, scaleable and moveable.
- Easy to understand installation guide made for beginners with minimal unity knowledge.
- Low poly efficient models.
- 3 different animation movesets for the knife, switch between them to change up how the knife animates between states
- 6 Different textures in the default package, purchase additional texture packages to get more. The custom menu comes with a radial menu that makes it easy to change between textures and the guide shows you how to add more textures easily.
- Entirely gesture controlled with just a few menu toggles.
- Trail toggle.
- Everything has sound effects.
- Uses 21 synced memory
- You get the Substance Painter files for enhanced customization.
- FBX files included.
- Note: This assets animations uses WRITE DEFAULT on OR off, depending on what you need. the unity package includes two different FX layers you can choose to merge, you will only need to merge the one that fits your avatar (mixing write defaults can make gestures act weird)
(The FX layers are identical otherwise, it's just some check boxes that are ticked on or off, which you can also manually change yourself)..
Default package comes with 6 different textures, but you can choose to purchase Skin pack 1 and/or 2 if you want additional textures for the knife!
*textures can also be mixed and matched easily
- This item is NOT QUEST COMPATIBLE, you should not buy this if you do not have a pc.
- By purchasing this product you agree to NOT share the files with anyone who has not also purchased the product.
- You are allowed to commission/take commissions for putting the asset on an avatar.
- You are allowed to make public avatars with the asset, but not directly share the files.
- I am not responsible for you breaking your avatar if you import the asset wrong, it is advised you take a backup of your avatar before attempting to install it.
- This asset is for PERSONAL USE ONLY. you cannot use it commercially.
- If you do wish to use it for a commercial avatar you are allowed to set it up and export without the prefab (menus are fine), then let people know where to buy the asset. You are under no circumstances allowed to include the files for the asset in your own export. Your store page must be pretty clear about that to avoid confusion as well.
Knife model commissioned from: https://www.artstation.com/neonvein
Some additional textures also commissioned from: https://www.artstation.com/neonvein
IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION BY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THAT NEONVEIN IS INCREDIBLY HOMOPHOBIC AND I DO NOT SUGGEST WORKING WITH HIM EVER, THIS CREDIT ONLY STAYS AS IT WAS PART OF THE COMMISSON DEAL
Sound effects recorded by: https://www.youtube.com/c/WillHirsch
Additional expert opinions and quality assurance also by https://www.youtube.com/c/WillHirsch
Updated substance painter file by Ziliseth (made to be easier to work with)
World constraint prefab by vrlabs: https://vrlabs.dev/item/world-constraint
Are you actually interested in real life Balisong/Butterfly knives? Check out Will Hirsch's Youtube channel. This channel was a big help in creating this asset and he also supplied me with real sounds from one of his own knives for me to use in this asset. I am not sponsored in any way by the channel, but I do wanna share a link either way.
PLEASE USE KNIVES RESPONSIBLY, A KNIFE WITH A SHARP BLADE IS NOT A TOY AND YOU SHOULD ONLY USE A REAL KNIFE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING
.Thank you for reading all the way down here :)
Purchasing this product gets you: